Like any other sector in the current market such as fashion & technology, there is no room for remaining static. The same applies directly to the fitness industry as well. With every year, newer & newer trends are appearing, some adding up on previous years’ trends, while some are one-off trends.
Here are 4 of the latest trends which have emerged in the year 2019:
1. Smart Watches, Fitness Trackers & Heart Monitors – Wearable technology has spread like wildfire in the modern market & ranks among the top three spots every year since 2016 in ACSM(American College of Sports Medicine) The mashup of technology with fitness shows that the world is progressing at a rapid pace.
2. Training in Groups – According to ACSM, any workout which involves more than five participants are considered to be group training.
Group training came out in the top 20 list of trends in the year 2017.
3. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) – HIIT managed to secure the top spot in the year 2018. According to ACSM, a HIIT workout involves short outflows of highly-concentrated units of exercise, closely followed by a short period of relaxation.
These sessions can last for about 30 minutes or less but can be done for longer periods.
4. Fitness Programs based around Older Adults – With the age of the general population increasing, it is only fitting that the fitness schedules get molded around the aging bodies of the old. According to ACSM, these fitness programs cater to the fitness needs of the people belonging to the older generation. These programs can be a boon to the older generation since exercising can be an amazing way to maintain bone health & a healthy muscle mass as well as enjoy the benefits of staying active.
5. Yoga – Yoga is one of the oldest forms of meditation, yet it is still relevant in the modern age.
ACSM says that in the year 2018, yoga has morphed into several different varieties such as yoga in hot environments, power yoga, etc.